suicide by knife (carotid artery)
siestaguy
2009-05-25 01:14:53 UTC
Hi everyone,

My life is so unbearable I just want to die as quickly and painlessly
as possible. I'm thinking I want to CTB by cutting my carotid artery
with a kitchen knife. It'll take some willpower, but I figure once I
try it, it will be quicker than most other methods and certainly
fatal. Can anyone tell me how deep the cut actually has to be to hit
the carotid artery and once I reach it, how long will it take me to
die from blood loss? Should I take Rx meds beforehand to calm my
nerves? Please respond quickly, as I plan to CTB tonight while I'm
home alone.

Thanks in advance!
Lacrimo
2009-05-31 17:23:03 UTC
Post by siestaguy
Hi everyone,
My life is so unbearable I just want to die as quickly and painlessly as
possible. I'm thinking I want to CTB by cutting my carotid artery with
a kitchen knife. It'll take some willpower, but I figure once I try it,
it will be quicker than most other methods and certainly fatal. Can
anyone tell me how deep the cut actually has to be to hit the carotid
artery and once I reach it, how long will it take me to die from blood
loss? Should I take Rx meds beforehand to calm my nerves? Please
respond quickly, as I plan to CTB tonight while I'm home alone.
Thanks in advance!
Just find the part of your neck adjacent to the windpipe, feel where the
pulse is coming from and insert knife. If you are extreme, take a
butcher's knife and ram the whole thing in.

I'm not sure how long it would be to die, but the blood loss would put
your brain into wtf mode pretty fast, and wtf mode is what causes near
death experiences. I don't know if it would be painless after the brain
starts dieing, but I imagine you'd be unconscious within minutes at most.

I'd definitely recommend taking some opiates and/or barbiturates before
doing it - let it settle in so the pain will be vary dull. I was tempted
to do that with oxycontin, which would have worked great.

Lacking any prescription drugs, I'd pop a whole pack of gravol and do it
when the sleepiness kicks in and lie down. I'm not sure if the pain would
interrupt the falling asleep thing though. Proceed with caution on that
one.