phenobarbital lethal dosage
s***@googlemail.com
2008-01-05 20:25:59 UTC
hi,

I need to know how much phenobarbital is a lethal dose - I plan to buy
some online as I am experiencing trouble acquiring fantanyl patches.

dudleybates, do not reply.

thanks all
dudleybates
2008-01-05 20:50:03 UTC
Post by s***@googlemail.com
I need to know how much phenobarbital is a lethal dose
All of it.
Post by s***@googlemail.com
I plan to buy
some online as I am experiencing trouble acquiring fantanyl patches.
There's a shocker.
Post by s***@googlemail.com
dudleybates, do not reply.
Aw gee, spoil all my fun.
bill smith
2008-01-07 11:10:57 UTC
Love at the first sight? Perhaps? :)
Post by s***@googlemail.com
I plan to buy
some online as I am experiencing trouble acquiring fantanyl patches.
There's a shocker.
Post by s***@googlemail.com
dudleybates, do not reply.
Aw gee, spoil all my fun.
mut80r
2008-01-07 23:01:46 UTC
LMAO
kattastic
2008-01-08 01:42:27 UTC
in short,phenobarbitol will not kill you
it will put you into a coma which allows the other magical ingredients
to do their job
but you may be confusing it with phentobarbitol,which WILL kill
you,but is nigh on impossible to get.
hope that clears things up
kat
Son of the Sun
2008-01-08 01:59:03 UTC
Kattatastic, your explaination is ridiculous!
Please learn which is which before you attempt any more "explainations".

Phenobarbital is long-acting and Pentobarbital is fast-acting.

A large amount (9 grams) of a fast-acting Barbiturate will be reliably
lethal for everyone.

A large amount of a long-acting Barbiturate such as Phenobarbital~can~be
lethal, but it won't be reliably lethal for everyone.

If you're old, sickly (or both) 10 grams of Phenobarbital may indeed be
reliably lethal. But if you're young and healthy you may very will
survive the ingestion of 10 grams.

FWIW: According to Geo Stone's book "Suicide and Attempted Suicide:
Methods and Consequences" one person who ingested 25 grams of
Phenobarbital surivived (Geo Stone doesn't state if the survivor was
medically rescued although I believe that was the case).

Anyone who wants to use Phenobarbital to CTB should use at least 10
grams of it in combination with other CNS depressants.

One exception would be the "Darvon Cocktail" which only requires the
ingestion of 3 or 4 grams of Phenobarbital.
kattastic
2008-01-08 02:41:29 UTC
Post by Son of the Sun
[...]
sorry
i am ridiculous
i will not post again
ok
kattastic
2008-01-08 02:50:27 UTC
Post by kattastic
Post by Son of the Sun
[...]
is there really any need to be so bloody rude
kat
New Life
2008-01-08 03:37:18 UTC
Post by kattastic
Post by kattastic
Post by Son of the Sun
[...]
kat- Hide quoted text -
{{{kat}}}

He said your EXPLANATION was ridiculous. He didn't say that YOU
were. It may indeed have bene rude but he was likely exasperated in
reading whatever it was you had posted (which I didn't read). Try to
not take it personally. I don't think he meant to insult you. But
lots of people here want you to continue posting so don't be like the
story of the Grasshopper and the Ants and go away because of hurt
feelings. Whatever it was you wrote, we know you were only trying to
help. People are human and people make mistakes. It was a mistake
for him to speak that way but it would also be a mistake for you to
quit posting.
*hugs*
Dilbert28
2008-01-08 14:21:05 UTC
Post by kattastic
Post by kattastic
Post by Son of the Sun
Kattatastic, your explaination is ridiculous!
Please learn which is which before you attempt any more "explainations".
sorry
i am ridiculous
i will not post again
ok
is there really any need to be so bloody rude
kat
Hi Kat,

I couldn't see any reason for the harsh answer, too.

In fact, you wrote mostly the same, just without mentioning all the
technical details.

Never insult anyone by accident (C) Heinlein
m***@gmail.com
2008-01-08 14:30:49 UTC
now... how about acquiring it?

m***@gmail.com
2008-01-05 21:06:35 UTC
Post by s***@googlemail.com
hi,
I need to know how much phenobarbital is a lethal dose - I plan to buy
some online as I am experiencing trouble acquiring fantanyl patches.
dudleybates, do not reply.
thanks all
To you considering using this to catch the bus:

Phenobarbital is a barbiturate, which is a central nervous system
depressant. An overdose most likely will not kill you. A barbiturate
overdose can be lethal if the drug is combined with alcohol. I suggest
getting fairly drunk (start at least an hour before hand) and then
begin the process of educing the OD. This process should be well
planned. I might say take the pills 3 at a time at 30 second intervals
separated by shots of hard liqueur. I don't know. I've only known
those that failed with medication overdoses. Every one of them though,
did not know the effects or understand what it would do.

The wikipedia article for it may have all the answers you need.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenobarbital

further reading reveals that this was the drug used in the heaven's
gate cult suicide. All members passed on. The drug was combined with
vodka. Plastic bags were used to cause asphyxiation should the
cocktail fail. I think that combination was the key to their success.

reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_%28religious_group%29

Don't overdose on something you don't now the effects of. I recommend
doing your own further research.

Best of luck you you on your journey.
dudleybates
2008-01-05 21:46:29 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
further reading reveals that this was the drug used in the heaven's
gate cult suicide. All members passed on. The drug was combined with
vodka. Plastic bags were used to cause asphyxiation should the
cocktail fail. I think that combination was the key to their success.
In Heaven's gate, a lethal dose of phenobarbital was not used, even
combined with alcohol. The combination was used to put the person in
a coma only, to avoid the pain of asphyxiation. After coma was
reached, a cult "brother" applied the plastic bag and the person was
asphyxiated. The members basically killed each other in three shifts,
each shift asphyxiating the last. We know this because all of the
used plastic bags were found, which were removed and a purple cloth
draped over the face of each cult member. Only the last two members
at the compound were left to dose themselves, and were found with the
plastic bags in place. They may have used a higher dose of
phenobarbital; however, phenobarbital and a plastic bag is a very high-
risk way to go, even with alcohol, because phenobarbital is slow-
acting and does not take effect immediately, and one usually runs out
of air and asphyxiates before the barbiturate can take effect.

So it is not realistic to claim that the Heaven's Gate members died
from phenobarb, alcohol and plastic bags, because they did have help
from others (which people here would not).
dudleybates
2008-01-06 00:27:04 UTC
Post by dudleybates
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Oh dear, I wasn't supposed to reply. Many apologies.