putting together an Amitriptyline cocktail
c***@gmail.com
2008-04-09 09:35:31 UTC
A couple of questions:

Where can i find Cimetidine? I have no idea what it is nor where to
get it, online or otherwise. Can anyone help?

I can only find Midazolam (Dormicum) online at over $100 for about 20
pills. Again, can anyone help me out with ideas on where to buy? And
what does Dormicum do, knock you out? I ask because i have some Xanax
and i've heard that 30mg or so of that will knock you out - can i use
this instead of the Dormicum?
Son of the Sun
2008-04-09 13:24:06 UTC
Cimetidine is sold OTC in the US and is sold as "Tagemet" or Tagamet"
(I'm uncertain of the proper spelling). It is an anti-ulcer medication
and you can learn more about it at http://www.wikipedia.com

Yes, an overdose of Dormicum will knock you out since it is a hypnotic.
It is used because Aficoman believes it will help bring about a
speedier demise, but it really isn't absolutely necessary.

If you only use one Benzodiazepine then use no less than 500 mg of
Valium (Diazepam).

However, you can use 300 mg of Valium if you combine it with another
Benzodiazepine. The 30 mg of Xanax (Alprazolam) that you have would be
a good substitute for the Dormicum.
NH
2008-04-09 15:30:31 UTC
Where can i find Cimetidine? I have no idea what it is nor where to get
it, online or otherwise. Can anyone help?
You may want to say what country you're in so people familiar with that
country can comment intelligently.

In this country (US), cimetidine, along with ranitidine and famotidine,
have their own 3-foot by 6-foot section in any local drug store one walks
in to. They are OTC, and common. I have some ranitidine in the next
room.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimetidine

As far as I know you can buy it off of Yahoo! Shopping:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/search?p=tagamet
NH
c***@gmail.com
2008-04-09 16:18:44 UTC
Thanks a lot for the replies. Apparently cimetidine is easily
obtainable then. I'm in Spain though, but i'll go into a pharmacy and
see if they have it, either as Tagamet or some other brand. (In fact i
just searched Google Spain and it seems to be sold here as Tagamet...)

I'll take the advice and just substitute the Dormicum with the Xanax i
already have if it doesn't matter all that much. Unless i find a cheap
source of Dormicum. I should be able to get Valium from my doctor. The
rest i've ordered online...

Anyway, thanks again; it's all looking easier than i thought.... i'll
probably post again when i get it all together.
c***@gmail.com
2008-04-10 10:04:49 UTC
Well I got the Tagamet at the first attempt.

I was looking to try and find definitive cases of success from an
overdose and although I couldnt find anything relating specifically to
the "aficoman" cocktail I found a couple of interesting pages about
overdoses of Amitriptyline alone.

Quote "Tricyclic antidepressants (TCA) are the number one cause of
fatality from drug ingestion in the United States." - See the table
below for the 10 most common drugs used in suicide. Amitriptyline is
third only after alcohol and paracetamol.

http://path.upmc.edu/cases/case407/dx.html

Another - "Amitriptyline was the agent most commonly involved in
suicide or possible suicide caused by antidepressants, and it was also
the most commonly sold antidepressant. "

http://www.springerlink.com/content/t79886725l87g267/

and some woman i never heard of overdosed on Amitriptyline:

http://dawn.thot.net/Kimberly_Rogers/kria76.html

If anyone knows of any other pages like this it would be great to see
them. I also read some *unsucessful* attempts at Erowid, but they had
taken only 800mg..... i plan on taking 10 times that, plus all the
other crap.
m***@gmail.com
2008-04-10 20:17:26 UTC
Post by Son of the Sun
but it really isn't absolutely necessary.
is there a new updated "Amitriptyline cocktail" or how about a "core"
that will work? I keep reading about "this & that" you don't need ?!?
c***@gmail.com
2008-04-11 09:14:59 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Son of the Sun
but it really isn't absolutely necessary.
is there a new updated "Amitriptyline cocktail" or how about a "core"
that will work? I keep reading about "this & that" you don't need ?!?
i think you need everything. but i was planning on swapping one benzo
for another. although i eventually found a cheap source for dormicum
so i'll probably stick to the original "recipe".

Talking about benzodiazapines, i heard that the amitriptyline can take
up to 36hrs to kill you, would the Dormicum/Valium combo keep you out
for that long? I might end up adding my Xanax in the end anyway.
Son of the Sun
2008-04-11 14:28:45 UTC
Ron (Aficoman) has done further research and now believes that the
Amitriptyline Cocktail will produce a faster fatal outcome then he
previously thought.

So now he recommends (to be extra cautious) a 24 hour period (maximum)
where you won't be disturbed after ingesting the Amitriptyline Cocktail.
NH
2008-04-11 17:35:15 UTC
Post by Son of the Sun
So now he recommends (to be extra cautious) a 24 hour period (maximum)
where you won't be disturbed after ingesting the Amitriptyline Cocktail.
But that doesn't really answer the original question, does it?
Post by Son of the Sun
Post by c***@gmail.com
would the Dormicum/Valium combo keep you out
for that long?
I thought the right answer was, "No, but the phenobarbital will keep you
out long enough." But I am not sure, very far from an expert on the
recipe itself, just an onlooker. I'm not even sure what is in the
cocktail, really.
NH
Son of the Sun
2008-04-11 18:16:03 UTC
Aside from the antiemetics Aficoman's Amitriptyline Cocktail consists
of:

A. 7 grams of Amitriptyline.

B. 2 grams of Cimetidine.

C. 300 mg of Valium (Diazepam).

D. 300 mg of Dormicum (Valium).

If Dormicum is unavailable it is advised to use 500 mg of Valium
(Diazepam).

But you can use other Benzodiazepines instead of Dormicum if you have
any handy.
NH
2008-04-11 18:46:15 UTC
Post by Son of the Sun
Aside from the antiemetics Aficoman's Amitriptyline Cocktail consists
A. 7 grams of Amitriptyline.
B. 2 grams of Cimetidine.
C. 300 mg of Valium (Diazepam).
D. 300 mg of Dormicum (Valium).
Ah, thanks. So I was totally wrong.
NH
c***@gmail.com
2008-04-12 09:59:06 UTC
Ron (Aficoman) has done further research and now believes that theAmitriptylineCocktail will produce a faster fatal outcome then he
previously thought.
So now he recommends (to be extra cautious) a 24 hour period (maximum)
where you won't be disturbed after ingesting theAmitriptylineCocktail.
That's interesting... thanks.

Just waiting on the stuff to arrive now, probably 2 weeks away :o(
NH
2008-04-15 10:13:54 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Quote "Tricyclic antidepressants (TCA) are the number one cause of
fatality from drug ingestion in the United States." - See the table
below for the 10 most common drugs used in suicide. Amitriptyline is
third only after alcohol and paracetamol.
I've now read all three of these documents.

This was very good research, thanks for posting it.

While all three documents contained errors of one form or another (some
glaring), there are two positive points for our research that stand out
in my mind from having read them:

A) Amitriptyline a useful lethal agent.

B) Trimipramine (Apo-Trimip, Stangyl, Surmontil, Rhotrimine) *might* be
an adequate substitute TCA where amitriptyline is unavailable. There is
enough evidence from the Swedish study to at least consider the
possibility.
--
NH