Sleeping pills?
Glee
2008-06-14 17:52:46 UTC
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
mut80r
2008-06-14 18:30:47 UTC
Post by Glee
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the lethal (in overdose) sleeping
pills were prescription-only and stopped being produced years ago.
ctbtoctb
2008-06-14 18:48:45 UTC
Post by mut80r
Post by Glee
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the lethal (in overdose) sleeping
pills were prescription-only and stopped being produced years ago.
Yes, Seconal - impossible to get unless you've got a prescription,
even then hard to come by. There's always Nembutal available with a
trip to Mexico.

CTB
Fragmented.Perfection
2008-06-14 19:09:53 UTC
Post by Glee
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
Most non-prescription sleeping pills (like Tylenol PM, Unisom, Nytol,
Advil PM, Sominex, Nyquil, Simply Sleep, etc.) contain diphenhydramine
hydrochloride, the active ingedient in Benadryl. An overdose would be
very unpleasant and probably not fatal. Someone with the nym
"imsoooodead" started a thread a few days ago about his/her experience
with a Sominex (diphenhydramine) overdose. I'm sure if you were to ask
him/her about it and how unpleasant it was, you'd probably never again
think of using anything containing diphenhydramine for a ctb attempt.
Fragmented.Perfection
2008-06-14 19:13:54 UTC
Post by Glee
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
Most non-prescription/OTC sleeping pills (like Tylenol PM, Unisom,
Nytol, Advil PM, Sominex, Nyquil, Simply Sleep, etc.) contain
diphenhydramine
hydrochloride, the active ingedient in Benadryl. An overdose would be
very unpleasant and probably not fatal. Someone with the nym
"imsoooodead" started a thread a few days ago about his/her experience
with a Sominex (diphenhydramine) overdose. I'm sure if you were to ask
him/her about it and how unpleasant it was, you'd probably never again
think of using anything containing diphenhydramine for a ctb attempt.
If you were to take a large overdose of something like Tylenol PM, the
acetaminophen that the diphenhydramine is componded with is what would
kill you--a slow and painful death due to liver failure. :/
j'espere
2008-06-15 00:15:37 UTC
Post by Fragmented.Perfection
If you were to take a large overdose of something like Tylenol PM, the
acetaminophen that the diphenhydramine is componded with is what would
kill you--a slow and painful death due to liver failure. :/
Possibly - and very unreliably. I've tried many attempts to die a slow
and painful death due to liver <I'm not joking> but have not succeeded yet.
Fragmented.Perfection
2008-06-14 19:17:20 UTC
Post by Glee
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
Most non-prescription/OTC sleeping pills (like Tylenol PM, Unisom,
Nytol, Advil PM, Sominex, Nyquil, Simply Sleep, etc.) contain
diphenhydramine hydrochloride, the active ingedient in Benadryl. An
overdose would be very unpleasant and probably not fatal. Someone with
the nym "imsoooodead" started a thread a few days ago about his/her
experience with a Sominex (diphenhydramine) overdose. I'm sure if you
were to ask him/her about it and how unpleasant it was, you'd probably
never again think of using anything containing diphenhydramine for a
ctb attempt. If you were to take a large overdose of something like
Tylenol PM, the acetaminophen that the diphenhydramine is componded
with is what would kill you--an excruciatingly slow death due to liver
failure. :/
Glee
2008-06-14 23:40:06 UTC
On Jun 14, 1:17 pm, "Fragmented.Perfection"
Post by Glee
[...]
I guess I was wondering about rx sleeping pills, I have heard of
Seconal/nembutal etcetera.....but I've heard of people CTB on
prescription sleeping pills commonly obtained in the US within the
past couple of years
michedaisy
2008-06-15 00:18:03 UTC
Post by Glee
[...]
past couple of years- Hide quoted text -
I've overdosed on diphenhydramine. I most definitely do NOT recommend
it; you *can* die (I think the lethal amount is somewhere around 1300
mg but don't quote me on it) but it would be very painful. In the
meantime you dry heave, dissociate severely, can't speak even near
coherently, feel like your insides are trying to burst out of your
throat... and this lasted for days. It put me off ever, ever trying to
ctb with OTC sleeping pills again.
k***@my-deja.com
2008-06-15 07:30:58 UTC
Post by Glee
People have successfully committed suicide with sleeping pills and
anti-emetics alone. Painful or not I am considering this method. Does
anyone have an idea what kind of sleeping pills and the dosage likely
to be lethal?
Benzos can potentially kill. I think you only need 8 grams+ of Valium
(800 of the largest dosage size) to possibly die. You might have some
trouble getting your doc to give you a prescription that big. If 800
fails, go back to your doc and ask for a few thousand pills I guess.
Ron
2008-06-15 11:31:26 UTC
Post by k***@my-deja.com
Benzos can potentially kill. I think you only need 8 grams+ of Valium
(800 of the largest dosage size) to possibly die.
Im sorry but that's incorrect.Actually Benzos can't be used as your
major CTB agent.
there wasn't even one case in the history where Benzos ALONE were
successfully used for CTB'ing.

However ,due to drugs' interaction ,the combination of benzos and
other CNS depressants ,like alcohol or opiates ,was commonly reported
in successful CTB's ,so it MIGHT work ,but far from being any
surefire.

Those combinations are based on the fact that many CNS depressants are
needed to be metabolised by using the same isoenzymes ,and thus, they
would inhibit each others' metabolism ,significantly increasing the
blood levels of one of them,which may render it lethal.

Having said that ,I'd like to dissuade you from trying those mixtures
as non of them would be considered reliably lethal ,and nobody would
like to experience the results of failing such a cocktail.

Ron