Improvements to partial suspension hanging
k***@hottiemail.com
2006-02-08 05:42:11 UTC
I've tried practicing with a couple of differnet nooses, the hangman's
knot, and slip knot over my door (rope tied to doorknob no other
side). It's standard (non-nylon) 3/8" rope that will definitely
support my weight, but I'm having a hell of a time with the blacking
out part. I can't seem to do it. I've tried head-up, head down, knot
at back, knot to the left, etc. Should I put something around the
rope to ensure that the carotid arteries are compressed? I've looked
at my watch and all I can muster after 20+ seconds is choking, no
blacking out....

Any help greatly appreciated!
S.
slunky
2006-02-08 06:12:03 UTC
Post by k***@hottiemail.com
Any help greatly appreciated!
How far are you dropping? With enough height a hangman's noose will
break the neck, but you have little chance of getting out of that if you
changed your mind. I believe it takes much longer than 20 seconds to
choke to death. I would guess at /least/ five minutes, but I'm not sure
having never successfully hung myself. I tried once, in the hospital,
lasted I'm guessing a minute before I was stopped.
-slunky
Bill James
2006-02-08 06:17:16 UTC
Much like jumping, I gotta say that you have much more cojones than
me.....'cause I wouldn't be able to do it.

Wouldn't just choking oneself by tying something around one's neck
work? Sure it would be hard to take that last final breath and hold it
in, but isn't that sort of what you're gunning for here, anyways? Or is
the problem with that due to maybe unconsciously tearing the
asphyxiation mechanism off (therefore letting the hanging eliminate
that option for you)?
slunky
2006-02-08 06:31:21 UTC
Post by Bill James
Wouldn't just choking oneself by tying something around one's neck
work? Sure it would be hard to take that last final breath and hold it
in, but isn't that sort of what you're gunning for here, anyways?
It would need to be a knot that cannot be loosened. There are some
fishing knots that can do that. A noose will not. The shower curtain I
used (which was the only thing available there) had to be cut from my
neck because they couldn't undo the knot.
-slunky
c***@gmail.com
2006-02-08 19:48:13 UTC
I too have not yet managed to black out with partial suspension,but
getting the technique better now.
One thing I tried which I knew would work was putting a plastic bag
over my head and partial suspension. I did n't even pull the plastic
bag right up tight,, I got a pretty good seal. When I am ready I know
this would work.
Suspension will work if you lock the cartoids: see previous discussions
on hanging.

Cheers
chris
c***@gmail.com
2006-02-08 20:46:07 UTC
Also efective and less scary than plastic bag: a handkercheif or other
bulky object between frony of neck and noose is effective.

I have been able to stop myself breathing and get to point where I am
'gurgling' but not passed out yet: not quite ready to stay in position.

Good luck with your experiments whatever you wishing to acheive
past due
2006-02-08 22:10:20 UTC
X-No-Archive:yes

I don't get it: is this death by asphyxia? or is it death by stopping
blood from reaching the brain? or both at the same time?
dudleybates
2006-02-09 00:01:27 UTC
Compressing the trachea would be asphyxia. Placing knots in the rope
over the carotids would cause anoxia (stopping blood from reaching the
brain). Both interrupt the flow of oxygen to the brain, but anoxia
gets there faster.
c***@gmail.com
2006-02-09 00:50:12 UTC
Yeah, it is a combination of both.
c***@gmail.com
2006-02-09 00:54:28 UTC
I am going to disappear for about 3 weeks. Going overseas. If you don't
hear from me for that period of time: I didn't do anything leathal.
Been practicing for 'big day' though
See you all in March, hpefully you'll be around.
k***@hottiemail.com
2006-02-09 05:32:41 UTC
So you would wrap a hankerchief or sock around the rope then, maybe
one on each side under the carotid to just be sure to put a bit of
extra pressure there?
k***@hottiemail.com
2006-02-09 03:11:01 UTC
I'm not dropping, it's a partial suspension, the rope is over the door
tied to the doorknob on the other side. I will kneel or sit on the
other side therefore hanging myself. I have more than enough pounds
of pressure, but just can't #$!%! hit my carotids, maybe they are too
deep, I dunno but I can't seem to put any pressure on them. I can
feel them easily with my fingers and feel my pulse though. From what
I've read when done properly you black out in 10 seconds or so, but
you still breathe while blacking out, all I can manage to do is choke
as the rope cuts off my air passage but no blacking out.
Dumb Ass
2006-02-09 14:43:24 UTC
I got one sugestion when you are about to put pressure on your neck
grab a 10 pound hammer and smash your head as hard as you can that
should knock you out then the hanging should kill you
slunky
2006-02-09 18:20:53 UTC
Post by Dumb Ass
I got one sugestion when you are about to put pressure on your neck
grab a 10 pound hammer and smash your head as hard as you can that
should knock you out then the hanging should kill you
I've tried hitting myself with a hammer, not in the head though. It's
still incredibly hard to do it to myself with force.
-slunky
dudleybates
2006-02-09 19:16:51 UTC
Um ... where'd you hit?
slunky
2006-02-09 19:50:38 UTC
Post by dudleybates
Um ... where'd you hit?
Hands, feet, lower leg, stomache.
-slunky
Caius
2006-02-09 21:03:58 UTC
Attach your rope to something, get on your knees, put a piece of cloth
on your windpipe ( I have it pretty much around the rope so to speak,
to prevent marks while practicing) and lean forward with the noose just
above trachea, below chin. After max 5-15 seconds you should begin to
black out and hear a "metallic" surrond if you are listening to music
like I do. This is where I stop and get a really warm feeling and
confusion.

I must say, its pretty awesome! I haven't tried to go unconsious yet
since I dont wanna do it half-arse. But I will. Good luck, it's not
supposed to be difficult, just relax and put all weight forward. Oh and
I can breathe all the time, not fully clear, but no choking.
Robert Whoreki
2006-02-10 00:24:17 UTC
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 05:42:11 GMT,
Post by k***@hottiemail.com
I've tried practicing with a couple of differnet nooses, the hangman's
knot, and slip knot over my door (rope tied to doorknob no other
side). It's standard (non-nylon) 3/8" rope that will definitely
support my weight, but I'm having a hell of a time with the blacking
out part. I can't seem to do it. I've tried head-up, head down, knot
at back, knot to the left, etc. Should I put something around the
rope to ensure that the carotid arteries are compressed? I've looked
at my watch and all I can muster after 20+ seconds is choking, no
blacking out....
Any help greatly appreciated!
S.
When I was a teen, we used to fiddle with hyperventilation
with friends....for kicks. It would always make us pass out
completely and wake up after several seconds of
unconsciousness. The first way I learned to do this was
take fast deep breaths for about one minute then hold your
breath and have someone pick you up from behind by reaching
their arms around the chest and lifting you off the ground.
That worked. After a few seconds the friend puts you down in
the ground gently and you eventually wake up.

I took this a little further and tried it alone in my
bedroom with a belt around the neck. I wasn't suicidal, just
a teen looking for kicks. I took deep fast breaths for over
a minute then held the belt tight by putting suspension on
the belt by using my hand to hold the tension.

I woke up on the floor and realized that my table lamp was
laying on the floor next to me. That was close. I could've
broke the bulb on myself or worse. Someone might've heard
the thud too. I got lucky and that was the last time I ever
tried passing out that way.

So maybe in the future I might give this a revisit. Instead
of using handheld tension on the belt I might try everything
I did in the past except support the belt from a door,
perhaps. It just might work but I never experimented far
enough to see what happens after a few minutes of
this...whether waking up or staying unconscious is the
result.

One thing I think I would do is make sure that a belt or
rope can be tight enough around your neck where it will make
you pass out even if you're not hanging off of it.
Ste
2006-02-17 01:17:20 UTC
See my thread in alt.suicide.holiday called "Hanging Experience". I
think I've found the best way to hang.

And what I'd say is that you are going wrong where I went wrong
initially, in having the knot behind or to the side of your head. The
trick is to have it at the front of the neck, so that the slack area is
around the windpipe.